Happy late turkey day! I was so pleased by the number of friends who pinged us on Thursday to say so. Considering how lax we have been staying in touch with people, I am thankful for the number of our friends that are not. :)
Thanksgiving Weekend
We spent the weekend at Estes Park, CO, which is very near two gates into the Rocky Mountain National Forest. If anyone knows guru, you know that this was the perfect getaway - by sheer number of rocks and trees he could look at at one time. I burn out about 2 hours into anything - but he was quite pleased. We actually did go up into the park twice, mostly driving around looking at elk, but we did take a trail around Bear Lake on Sunday in the snow. It was great. We saw a couple of people cross-country skiing. I've done that in the past, but up here I think it would be fun to try it.
We stayed at a nice quiet inn just outside the gate, who had great service (they ignored us) and good rates (as good or better than a hotel in the area). They also have cabins and things as well. We were very dull and found 1 restaurant that we liked and just kept coming back to it for breakfast. We were joking that both of us are not open to new experiences at all according to this scale, so it wasn't really that surprising. I played tourist at least one day and bought some sweatshirts and a cool Himalayan salt candle (natural way to give off negative ions or something like that). Paul looked at more rocks and fossils. We also finally watched Boondock Saints (excellent example of Exalted in modern day) and the first disk of Supernatural (what every Hunter game should be like) both of which were great fun. William DeFoe was pleasantly disturbing. I was also proud of myself because I figured out how to hook up dvd player through the vcr, no small feat. :) So all in all, it was a relaxing weekend and I'm glad we went away instead of hanging out here.
Now that I'm back, I'm trying to get a handle on our apt again - too many books, computers, and paper. It's amazing how much crap you can gather in 10 years of marriage. I hope to do a bit of clean up before I go (?) for jury duty later on today. I won't actually know until later this afternoon - so I thought I'd take the morning and figure out which way is up. Speaking of cleaning up, after much internal debate, I decided to close my journalscape blog. I just don't seem to have enough to say to justify so many blogs. I'm going to try and update more often - even if it's just once a month. Something is better than nothing I guess. I hope to do the same with my xanga account and possibly my blogger account too - though that one has been almost always just a test.
Now that I think about projects, I would really like to update my portfolio as well. I don't think I've added anything since 2004. It always seems like there is not enough time in the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment