The baby is completely healthy. The dr was able to feel where his head was (down) and gave a rough estimate that the baby's head is about 4 inches across. Heart rate has come down to 135, and he's moving and kicking every day. They checked my iron (good), and my blood pressure was also fine. I've added a whole nother 2lbs, bringing my wt gain to something around 8lbs since I got to the office. (though I suspect I had put on 5 or so lbs before I got to the doctors office) She suggested I try and find some pregnant yoga tapes to start doing more stretching. So, yeah, come back in 2 weeks, essentially.
Every time I go into the doctor's office, they always end the apt with a question like "Are you sure that nothing is worrying you? No questions?" I'm at the point that I feel like I should make some up. The truth is I know my body and I'm a hypochondriac. If I think the slightest thing is wrong, I will be calling the hotline no matter the time of day or night. But I just feel a)good and b)normal-ish (for being pregnant). Yeah, I've got to roll to get out of bed these days, but I don't find that so amazingly worrying. I'm not overly worried about labor (though I probably should be) not because I think I can handle it, but because its inevitable and I can't avoid it. Emotionally I'm pretty even until I don't get enough to eat at which point I melt down. The most annoying thing has been if something does upset me, I hold on to it for a day or so, revisiting how upset I am about whatever it is. It's like I've lost my perspective on what's going on around me.
I am slightly concerned that the last small mammal I cared for was of the canine variety, but I'm signed up to go to baby-raising class in a week or two, so hopefully they can break me of any bad habits there. (putting down newspaper for instance) I'm more concerned about the latter years, but the good news is they don't start out pleading their case why they should get to stay up an extra hour on a school night. (right? right?!)
Work is wrapping up (1 more week to go!), though I will be heading over to ACME the monday after to start finding what design work I can do for them. That is looking like there will be more than I thought (or as much as I want to agree to is a better way to put it) so I really need guidance on not biting off more than I can chew right now. What I'm really looking forward to is a bit of a break before the baby.
The big worry - music please - is getting our supplies in order, ie nesting. After the shower this Sat, we will have a bunch more stuff coming into the house. We will probably pick up the crib this weekend as well. Then we have to figure out what we really need (vs. wish for) from our left over registry and start picking and choosing what we need right now. And then there are the boxes. I am really hoping to have a week or two off so I can sort out the 7 boxes of office crap I've accumulated over the years. (this does not include files or records) I've also got to make a decision about keeping the desk in the baby's room. A large part of my brain says, "don't have your work area in the babies room where you will keep him up while you work." Another part of my brain says, "wouldn't it be nice to surf the internet while he's sleeping so you can keep an eye on him."
Moms out there - any advice?
I've also got another question for you - concerning butt cream. What exactly do I need for diapering a newborn? There a lots of elixirs and potions out there, but surely you don't need all of it....right?
1 comment:
"We're all fine here...Everything's fine...Situation normal...How are you?"
Glad Tobo's doing well and you are too. Uh, let me know what they say at baby-raising class...
I decided to say more in an email instead of clogging up the blogosphere.
:) wmw
Post a Comment