9.22.2008

planning and stuff

So yesterday I took time to make a meal plan after the uwee's example. I wrote up about 12 options that we like and eat regularly, plus every other day I set as a leftover day. So I now have a 3 week meal plan. Nothing as impressive as a full month, but it was such a freeing experience to go to the store and not have to keep all that we need in my head. I was actually passing by things saying "I don't need you this week unless you're on sale." Wow. And I didn't forget the one ingredient that I always leave out...it was great.

Even better, once I got back from the store yesterday, I knew what I was making. And I finished it just in time for Paul to get dinner before youth group. I still need to work out how much of what these meals are core plan and what needs to be counted as points. I hope to adjust some of our old favorites to make them more core friendly. The first week on the core plan wasn't really that bad.... until I ran out of core food options. You can only eat so many apples a day before you revolt and eat wheat thins I've found.

We had a really good family only day on Saturday. We went and got Tobo some blocks for a good deal at OUAC and the big score - duplos for $3. We also got a new sun hat since Tobo's head is too big for his USA baby one. We did find a pack and go play pen, but didn't buy it because we are chicken. :/ It was only about 10$ between that and a new one, so probably a new one would be more intelligent. Now I just need to figure out where I would put it.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Impressive meal planning and growing boy! I will try to get clothes sent to you soon...

Amy said...

It's so nice to know what to do for dinner. And on busy evenings, I just plan an easier meal. Or leftovers. :)