9.14.2008

strike is over

Apparently tobo was just working on growing his hair or something. Last night before he went to sleep, he seemed to ask to nurse again. So we tried it and it went well. So I thought I'd offer the chance again this morning when he woke up. Again, he went for it. So then I tried when he was hungry, wide awake and just finished playing. I picked him up and took him into our room where we usually go through our go to sleep routine. He started hollering. Then I tried nursing out in the bright light front room, where dad was watching football. Much more amiable to it. So we seem to be back to breast-feeding after 6 week hiatus. Don't ask me, I'm just his mom.

I'm also happy to report that our change in bedtime routine does seem to be working. Tobo regularly now has his last meal between 10 and 11p (our bed time) and then sleeps to 3am where he eats again, then up at 8am. At times this has even stretched to 10-4-7, or like this morning we got 11-5-9:30a! We're suppose to be to church by 9am for sunday school. (ok, I know it's adult bible fellowship, but really it's sunday school ) Holy moley! I've started to set an alarm on the days I work because mama's little alarm clock no longer wakes up at 6:30 or 7am. Thank goodness!

Still no teeth, still no crawling. No rocking on his hands and knees either. He really only rolls because he's trying to get something interesting. Often he rolls up against a chair leg or ottoman in his attempt to get a toy; he startles, forgets what he was going after and cries because he's stuck. We've given up trying to keep him on one blanket and now try to keep him on one of four blankets. He's always heading for the carpeting. *sigh*

We had a crazy busy weekend this week. Most of Sept weekends are full of stuff. This week was the premiere of Breakthrough, which I have, as part of the communications team at omfbeen designing, breathing and dreaming about for the last month. The event went really well with well over 300 people attending. Paul gives the docudrama two thumbs up, so that should tell you something about it's historical accuracy and quality, btw. :) I was most impressed by the creativity of my colleagues. You work next to folks day in day out, you forget that they are really talented until you run up against something like this event, which really lets them shine. I was proud to be apart of this team, even if it's in a small capacity. You can purchase the dvd at omfconnect.org if you want to see what I mean.

Woop. Boy is waking up.. Duty calls.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Wooooo hoooo for longer sleep! Glad things are going well. Hang in there through the busy time. Tell Tobo that Anna says "Hiiiiii." :)

Amy said...

Only waking 1x a night is awesome. Very soon he will sleep all the way through and you'll be shocked! We still wake up surprised when we realize Charlie's done it.