10.19.2008

picnic

From Baby Grows Up


my husband is brilliant. Today was a lovely day in Colorado - warm but not sweltering, fallish but not damp. He suggested that we head up to evergreen, co and have a picnic at the dam there.

From Baby Grows Up


It was a loverly time. Tobo enjoyed untying dad's shoe and every once in a while noticed we were sitting in the middle of a big valley of nature.

From Baby Grows Up


We grabbed some panini from a local coffee shop and took a nice little walk around the lake after lunch.

From Baby Grows Up


While I was uploading some of these photos, I found a few more from my trip to florida. Here is Tobo in his halloween outfit:
From Baby Grows Up


Asleep in the new big kid car seat.
From Baby Grows Up


We also ventured out into the big world this weekend and went out to eat for the first time with Tobo in tow. He actually did really quite good. (of course we fed him before we went, we chose a time when the place would be less busy, and after he had had a nap). So well that we went on to visit a few book stores.

From Baby Grows Up


Tobo is doing much better after the awful cry night. He now is up at 8p, 12am, 4, and 6. I get the first two and after midnight, Paul gets the rest. Since tobo doesn't have mommy to wake up to, we think he's only waking up when he's hungry or has a leak. The 6am wake up is usually a lost dumb. Big improvement over ever hour. I love it because I actually get to sleep 4 hours in a row. I don't usually even know about the 6am wake up. It's harder on paul but we both agree that tobo's getting more sleep, thus more rested, thus happier and able to cope with a lot more. So hard decision, but I believe right decision.

No comments: