11.08.2008

an update

Paul is off at a mens retreat this weekend, so Tobo and I are flying solo again. This means I was able to gut my closet and pull out all the pregnancy clothing, plus all the too big clothing since I'm now down at least one size. Taking back your closet always feels good. Now I just have to pack it up for keeping or box it up for charity.

Saturday Tobo and I went out to help with the go conference and give a friend's kids a lift. Tobo manage to cry himself sick (literally) -- all the lovely pears we had just eaten made a reappearance. So I stop the car in a shopping mart, take him out of the car seat and calm him down to find that there is absolutely nothing wrong with him. I just didn't pick him up or introduce him to folks before disappearing (ie driving the car). We got the conference and had a lovely lunch, caught up with a few people and then basically hung out for a bit then packed up the table and headed home. I wish I could have been more into it, but I was preoccupied with tobo and feeling kind of introverted. Sometimes I loose that battle to be outgoing.

We than got into pj's at about 3 in the afternoon (or at least tobo did) and I watched empire strikes back in the back ground while tobo did his thing. His thing consists of leaning on the couch, dropping a toy, leaning over and picking it up, clambering over me to get to the green chair so he can be amazed at how tall the arms are and how easy it is to chew on. Repeat. Though I know he slept in the car, I didn't really push him to sleep this afternoon. So he decide to take a nap an hour before normal bed time. He was back up in 20 minutes because he forgot to eat dinner. He cried through 3 spoonfuls of green beans before I gave up and let him have milk. Within about 30 minutes he was back asleep and stayed there for quite a while. Not all night but a good chunk of it. I've started lengthening the amount of time it takes for me to respond to his crying, which as close as I can come to letting him cry it out when I'm on my own. More often then not he goes back to sleep or starts playing in his crib quietly for 10 to 15 minutes. Last night we had a bunch of troubleshooting from 1:30a to 3:30 (turned out he was still hungry) So after that I decided I'd only go get him after 4 if he was on FIRE. That seemed to work pretty good since he didn't really make a lot of awake noise until 7:30 this morning. He whimpered a bit at 5 then crash out. He just did it again during his nap during the day...maybe this is a while forward?

No comments: