1.12.2009
sleep update
Just thought I'd note how we're doing. Really, Tobo is making strides of progress in a short period. We've now done control/cry for 3 days and 2 nights. Last night he slept really well until midnight, then was up for 2 hours until 2am. by 1:30a I gave up and got him up, turned on the light, changed his diaper, and fed him 2oz of milk. After that he crashed in about 10 minutes and then slept until 8a this morning. He really fought nap time today, taking a total of 2 x 15 minute naps, interspersed with 30 minutes of crying each. So, needless to say, he is a very tired boy tonight. He actually managed to cry himself hoarse by the afternoon showdown. The second one wasn't really his fault. Our upstairs neighbor started vacuuming 15 minutes into his afternoon nap. (She actually apologized later, making me feel like a heel for complaining to my ceiling when she started) With that being said, at bedtime tonight he lasted a whole 2 minutes before falling silent (and I assume asleep). I added in another water play/bath time tonight, which was fun because he got to crawl up to the tub, stand next to his little tub and splash before getting in. He's been a bit anxious about the water the last couple of baths we've given him. I think we'll do this slow approach more. Let's him have more control. We played with some little nesting cups from grandma linda which he had a lot of fun with. Of course, he also had fun drinking the bath water...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds tough but there is progress there too. Darn neighbors, they are as bad as black labs...no, not that bad, if they apologize.
When you are successful, maybe *I* will celebrate with a date too! ;)
Keep it up! Our neighbors aren't the problem, it's the big brother. Been praying for you each night! The best (and hardest) thing to get them to learn is to put themselves back to sleep.
Post a Comment