2.13.2011

I've got your stuff

So I probably have your stuff. You probably lent it too my over a year ago or more and I put it in a box to return to you and being the gut-following relational reserved decision-maker that I am, it is now completely off my radar. I mean I already remembered to put it in a box right? That counts the same as handing it to you with a thank you note, right? I think the longest standing item is a book for a friend of ours from about 10 years ago. It just resurfaced with our most recent move. We don't really know where he lives now, but I think I just saw him on LinkedIn. (We're getting to it!) The newest thing is a wedding present that I purchased and than promptly forgot to give to the happy couple. So not only did I have "buy gift" on my to do list. Now I have to have "give gift" as well. Yikes!

What's so sad about it is that Paul and I are good caretakers of books and videos. We both have had some archival experience, so we are really nice to books. If I borrow from you, I try not to crack the binding when I read your book. It rarely will travel with me. I don't eat while reading it. Throwing books is a time out offense at our house. You will only see us bend back the cover if it is truly a horrible book that should be destroyed for the good of all mankind. So we are careful...we're just not that timely.

So we are sorry for being so slow. We have every intention of returning it. We know you want it back some day before the second coming. We're working on it.

No comments: