- Take another pottery class. - I would get myself back into a pottery class lickety split. I had so much fun making stuff last year, I'm bummed that I don't have a few hours to work on this stuff.
- Join an ensemble. - I did at one time play viola and I know there is a group locally that does pops type music but I've never had enough time to work on an audition piece to see if I could get in. There is also late night rehearsals and what not that I'm not quite ready to dedicate myself to but I really enjoyed playing with the group I was in back in Pittsburgh. Right now the viola case is just gathering dust.
- Read a good book. I read a lot of junk right now, but I have also have a good stack of "good books", ie not watered down dreak that I do want to read sometime. I'm a slower reader when it comes to nonfiction but these books are still important and I think I will enjoy them.
- Finish a knitted project. - I only have 2 projects going at this time, but really that is plenty when you only get a few hours of knitting time a month.
- Watch a movie. - Back when I was watching Tobo more often than not, my special time away was a movie on a Saturday by myself. 2 hours of no one asking me to do anything. Since he's been at daycare more this is just not as necessary for my sanity. Now I want to spend as much time with him as I can as limited by my hit or miss parenting style.
- Write an adventure. - A while ago I said I would write an adventure so a bunch of my friends could play changeling. Two years later I'm still reviewing the rules. Just don't have time to write myself into a corner so I can write myself out.
2.08.2011
What do you do for fun?
This was the question my cousin asked me over the holidays. We had met up at while we were in town and were trying to catch up on 10 years' worth of life that had happened to each of us. It completely stumped me. I'm sure I have fun somewhere. I mean I do, but the most I goof around on these days is 20 minutes of Farmville on Facebook. There just isn't time for any other leisure activity. Well, maybe that is a bit of an extreme view, but it sure does feel that way. If I ever could find a day off, this is what I would do:
tags:
nablopomo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment