3.27.2008

rock-a-bye

Tonight was a weird night. Sam ate for 4 hours (yep, 4 hours of on off breast-feeding, one of many sessions we had today) then eventually took 1 oz of formula because he was just too tuckered to eat anything else, but still wailing that he was hungry. That was at 9:30 pm. He then yelled whenever I put him down on his back, so we've just been reading LiveJournal and rocking for the last hour and 15 minutes. I can hear him over the monitor in the bedroom and I have no idea if he's going to stay down or not.

[returns from bedroom]

In fact, he did get fussy.The good news is he has no fever, so whatever is bothering him, it's not an infection. I'm predicting this will be a very funky night. In other news, his cord popped off today, so he's officially ours. :D

If you can believe it, Paul's in his second week of staying home. That means he will be back in the office a bit next week, and then back full time by the second week of April. The time has flown. I'm planning on taking my 6 weeks off seriously and not work until May 1st or so. With that being said, I'm feeling pretty good -- well enough to do too much usually. I have had a few nights where I'm just a soppy mess by 9pm. I was surprised to find that I'm now two lbs under the original weigh-in I had at the doctor's office when I first thought I was pregnant. Pretty impressive water retention going on there. My ankles haven't looked this normal in quite some time. I still have a lot to lose, but can't really do to much with diet until after my 6 weeks are up. Exercise is a completely different topic. I just have to build up to it.

We got a few visitors today, one of which came bearing dinner. We also got a number of gifts in the mail today (thanks Grandma, Nana and Chesh!) My mom will be in this weekend, so let the grandparent-adoring begin! :) In the meantime, here are more adorable pictures of our kid:



More at:
Cute Things My Baby Does 3/22/08 10:15 AM

2 comments:

Amy said...

Huh. Charlie gets that same "oooh!" look on his face as that big one of Sam. Funny!

Wendy said...

Hope you got some sleep...or get some tonight!

Thanks for the photos!